It’s not simple to enhance upon the straightforward pleasures of a Rice Krispies Deal with, however depart it to Well+Good Council member Candice Kumai to tweak the recipe into one thing much more pleasant. Beneath, her model of the enduring dessert brings in coconut oil, matcha, and darkish chocolate—and although it ought to go with out saying, the outcomes are scrumptious.
These are good for Valentine’s Day and daily… they usually’re prepared in 15 minutes! I hope you’ll share this recipe with pals! Tag me on Instagram for those who make them, as a result of I’m dying to see them for Valentine’s and Galentine’s day!
Matcha Rice Krispies Treats
Yields 1 dozen squares
- Four Tbsp (1⁄4 cup) coconut oil (or butter, for those who’re not vegan)
- 4 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 6 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 tsp matcha powder (like Matcha Love by Ito En, my fave!)
- 1 cup melted darkish chocolate chips, non-compulsory
1. Grease a 8×10 or 9×11 inch baking pan.
2. In a big pot, soften the coconut oil on medium warmth. Utilizing a spatula, gently fold in tiny marshmallows. Combine nicely to mix, then flip range off.
3. Add within the Rice Krispies cereal and matcha. Combine till the cereal is totally coated with the marshmallow combination.
4. Utilizing a spatula, switch combination to the baking pan. Press firmly to set in pan.
5. Cool fully, then coat with melted chocolate if desired.
Candice Kumai is an internationally famend wellness author and chef is a five-time, best-selling writer. A Prime Chef alumna and Meals Community visitor, she’s appeared as a decide on Iron Chef America and Beat Bobby Flay. Candice is a former mannequin, a lover of vegan cake baking, a matcha fan, and a complete sneakerhead. In her downtime, she enjoys avocados, her cat Sis, and barre. Her newest ebook, Kintsugi Wellness, is out now.
What ought to Candice write about subsequent? Ship your questions and strategies to [email protected].